CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 13, 2009

Potty Training

So yesterday went well. We had one peeing accident on the hard wood floors...no biggie, easlily wipes up! We also had a poop accident! YUCK!! Good thing it was solid and it didn't leave any stains! I knew he had to go, but inbetween my checking him every 5 minutes he decided to go under my kitchen table on my rug! He yells at me "mom I pooped" I'm thinking ya right! I go in the kitchen and he has some on his hands...NASTY!! So we run to the bathroom and have to clean up. So today we bought some big boy underwear...Lightning McQueen and Thomas the train. We have had no accidents, but he is NOT AS WILLING to go every 25 minutes today! He puts on the brakes. Yet he will still go.
Any advice for the pooping?! How do you convince them that its ok to poop in the toilet?! It has been a long time since I have potty trained and never has it been for a boy!!

5 comments:

The Haley Family said...

yeah! Can't help with the #2 thing, mine never had an issue with it. I am going to try and potty train Ella this summer!! I can't imagine NO MORE DIAPERS!!!

Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jill, I used this program I found on line that I loved and it worked so well for Anthony. He had a problem with pooping too. What worked for Anthony is we purchased this toy (Thomas the train tunnel)and explained to him that he would put a penny (you can use a marble) into a cup for each time he goes poop in the potty and once it is full (with an amount you choose) then he could get his toy he wanted. That worked really well for us. The whole program I used is on this website www.3daypottytraining.com

Kara said...

I know this is horrible but Matthew loves gum and I would give him a piece every time he pooped. Not one poop accident since I started that. So does Zander want to wear his underwear backwards so he can see Lightning? Matthew does that and it cracks me up! Good luck!!

The Hymas Clan said...

Oh the joys of potty training!!! I already told you what I did to help potty train the boys (wrap a little present that they get to open each time they go on the toilet). Unfortunately this didn't work as well for Eli as it did for Isaac!!! We also tried filling a jar with rocks and then a prize when it was full!!! Good luck!

Alyssa said...

I'm trying to figure out the poop thing too. . . There is one thing I do know. . . I HATE potty-training!