So a few posts ago I put up a bunch of info on vaccinations. I have wondered many times how to go about this subject. I do not feel as though I am an expert on this subject nor do I feel that my family's decisions are how everyone else should feel. I use to be pro vaccination. But I also had no idea what was in a vaccine or what can come from these "life saving" vaccinations.
When Sydney was born I was 20 years old and thought I knew it all. Tim was working for the same chiropractor he is at today and the chiropractor would always ask me questions about vaccines. When we would go to our well child visits I would get her vaccinated, knowing I was protecting my child from the dangers of the world..polio, hepatitis, chicken pox, diptheria, etc. I knew what I was doing was right, I had no doubt. I never would go to Tim's chiropractor for adjustments, because I thought he was a quack! How could some guy who pops necks think he knows so much about vaccinations...why on earth would you NOT protect your child. I thought he was crazy.
Fast forward 7 years to the birth of Zander. 11 lbs later and no epidural we got him vaccinated. I still thought I was doing the right thing, but I did question it. By this time I was getting adjusted all the time, I realized he was not a quack and that I actually liked him. He would occasionally give me pieces of info about shots and why they weren't good. But he didn't push it anymore. I found a website around the time Zander was 6 months old... www.thinktwice.com . FANTASTIC website! So at 6 months Zander was vaccinated. That was the last time he had shots. He did not need any at his 9 month check up, but at 12 months he was due for a whole slue of them! I told the dr politely that I would not be having his shots today. She asked why and I told her it was because I did not feel they were safe enough. She begged to differ, and made me sign a refusal form. I gladly signed.
I changed dr's a few months later, only because she was never available. When I took Zander in for his 18 month check up with his new dr he asked me the same thing,why wasn't I doing vaccinations. I told him I had done a lot of research and did not feel that they were safe enough to be putting them into my child's body. He also begged to differ and made me sign a refusal, which I again, gladly signed.
Our doctors lead us to believe that vaccinations are life saving. When in actuality they are life threatening. My first thought is...is my child (your child) going to be sexually active or shooting up with dirty needles before she/he is 7 years old? If not then why are we giving them the Hep B shot starting at birth? Why do we give the flu vaccine when it isn't 100% effective? And doesn't protect us for all the strains? Why the chicken pox vaccine? That was kind of a fun one as a kid, ya it itched and we got scabby, but seriously! Why have a cocktail of shots given at once? To help relieve the pain from our child's leg when only one shot is given vs. 6? Why give MMR shot when so many children are becoming autistic? Why do shots when our children are devloping type 1 diabetes? Why do shots when our newborns are dying of SIDS? Why give our 9 year old daughters the HPV shot, when so many girls are going into convulsions or dropping dead immediately following the shot?
IS THIS PROTECTING OUR CHILDREN??
This post isn't meant to cause an issue among my family and friends. These are my thoughts and concerns. Looking back now at when my daughter was vaccinated, I firmly believe she was vaccine injured. I use to think her slow learning was just because we put her into kindergarten a little too early. But after much research I know that her issues come from being vaccinated. I know her asthma came from being vaccinated. I am happy to say that she has had no issues with her astma for over a year due to being adjusted by our chiropractor 2-3 times per week. I know that my son is healthy because he is also adjusted 2-3 times per week. I know his 2 ear infections were cleared up by chiropractic care and not antibiotics within 2 days. He has never been on antiobiotics.
I am not 100% against medicine. I am against our dr's leading us to believe that unvaccinated children are the cause of all the illnesses in this world...guess what? They are wrong... who just vaccinated their child with harmful viruses and then let them back into school or daycare?
If you get to this point of my post and have questions for me or even comments please ask away. I will gladly share my knowledge with you. These are the choices we have made after much prayer and concern for what we know is the right choice. I do not condem you and your family for choosing to vaccinate your child, you just don't have all the information you should have. Its not a game of what if, its a game of life and I choose life, my children's life.
**UPDATE**
Here is another piece of information... Today, 1 in every 143 babies born in America dies; 1 child in 450 becomes diabetic; 1 in 150 develops autism; 1 in 9 suffers with asthma; and 1 in every 6 child is learning disabled. And another fabulous blog... www.vaccineawakening.blogspot.com




4 comments:
that is a lot to think about. Here...they don't do the shots at their well visits, you have to go to a shot clinic. So...Ella is WAY behind on her shots and Brayden will need his shots before starting kindergarten.
Bravo for you educating yourself and making the best choice for your family. I'm not there, but maybe some day. Chiropractic adjustments are not an option for us, so those 'cures' are unattainable.
I'll check out the website, thanks for your enthusiasm!
It is definately something to think about! It took me a long time to come to terms with it. But now that I have more info the better I feel about it. Youalso have to know what your rights are for your state. Here in Washington we have 3 exemptions...religious, medical and philosophical. The most valued exemption is philosophical. So do your homework and much prayer is needed behind the decision.
Here is another piece of information... Today, 1 in every 143 babies born in America dies; 1 child in 450 becomes diabetic; 1 in 150 develops autism;1 in 9 suffers with asthma; and 1 in every 6 child is learning disabled. and this is from another fabulous blog... vaccineawakening.blogspot.com
I really hope that people can allow you to voice your opinion as your own and not take offense to it...afterall...it is your blog right? Thanks for all of the information...it's a lot to think about and it's probably not thought about enough. I think all too often, our doctors or the medical world tell us to jump and we just ask "how high?" rather than asking "why?" Way to bring the issue to light and thanks for putting all of the information out there for us!
By the way...I feel like I never see you! I hope we have an enrichment sometime soon!
Post a Comment