This blog is for me to share my thoughts and opinions on the things I find to be important issues. I do not expect that everyone will agree with me, most likely you will all disagree with me. However, since these are my thoughts and opinions, please respect that. Feel free to leave me comments. My beliefs come from hours of research and prayer.
I will also share the life of my family on this blog...I have been married to Tim for almost 13 years and we have 2 awesome kids. Sydney is 12 years old and in 6th grade. Zander is 4 years old and thinks he is KING of this family!
I think it's easy to blame all of societies ills on a pill for the sake of advertising. Certainly there are those who it does not react well with and anyone should be closely monitored by a physician while taking perscription drugs. A lot of those kids that commited those horrible crimes had more going on than just popping a bad pill. Social woes, parents who looked the other way or ignored them, exposure to extreme violence and isolation.
My daughter Maryn has ADHD. She is bright, intelligent, and not on drugs of any kind and it is my sincere hope that it will stay that way. We chose instead to work with her a lot and give her as much structure and balance in her life as possible. Thankfully, thus far it has worked really well for us. I have seen ADHD affect members of our extended family also. My brother didn't like the medication and wouldn't take it, which is fine. My father-in-law felt like for the first time in his life he can focus with the medication and it has been a great blessing to him. I think in the choice on whether to medicate or not the choice should be a personal one after a lot of research, not one made just by viewing ads from either side.
2 comments:
I think it's easy to blame all of societies ills on a pill for the sake of advertising. Certainly there are those who it does not react well with and anyone should be closely monitored by a physician while taking perscription drugs. A lot of those kids that commited those horrible crimes had more going on than just popping a bad pill. Social woes, parents who looked the other way or ignored them, exposure to extreme violence and isolation.
My daughter Maryn has ADHD. She is bright, intelligent, and not on drugs of any kind and it is my sincere hope that it will stay that way. We chose instead to work with her a lot and give her as much structure and balance in her life as possible. Thankfully, thus far it has worked really well for us. I have seen ADHD affect members of our extended family also. My brother didn't like the medication and wouldn't take it, which is fine. My father-in-law felt like for the first time in his life he can focus with the medication and it has been a great blessing to him. I think in the choice on whether to medicate or not the choice should be a personal one after a lot of research, not one made just by viewing ads from either side.
Thank you for sharing it though!
Whoa, that was long! Sorry!
Post a Comment