CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, May 17, 2008

10 years ago today....

I met Tim. I was going to a church dance with my fiance, Corey, and my friends Jill and Chuck. Yes my fiance! I was previoulsy engaged to a guy from Evanston, Wyoming, which I met during my year in Provo. Well anyways we were all going to a dnace in Portland somewhere. Jill had been trying to get me to meet Tim for months. Well he was at this dance and Jill finally got to introduce us. We said hi and he told me I had a beautiful smile. Well a little later I was standing with Corey next to the stage and Tim came up and asked me to dance, I looked up at Corey (he was 6'4") and he said go ahead...big mistake on his part!

So Tim and danced for what seemed like hours to a song neither one of us remember hearing! We talked the entire time, I told him that Corey was my fiance and we were getting married in 2 months(July 17th). I don't remember all he said to me, but one thing I have always remembered is that he told me I was a daughter of God. When the song ended, I went back to Corey and Tim went wherever he was before. Jill and I decided to go into the bathroom and she asked what I thought and I asked her if it would be bad of me to want to dance with Tim again. I think she laughed and said I was engaged (she probably rememberes better than I do about what was said..so fill in the blanks if there are any Jill!)

So we all left the dance and before we left I went up to Tim and told him thatnk youfor everything he said to me, not knowing if I would ever see him again.

So the next day was Sunday and Spencer's brother, Trent was giving his Homecoming talk in Sacrament. So I went there and sat with his family. His mom was sitting next to me, oh Corey did not come with me to the Homecoming, and she asked what was up and I told her I was thinking of calling off my wedding. She kinda laughed and said that's the first time you have said it out loud huh? So after that I talked to my Seminary teacher for a few hours n my car about everything. When I got home my mom was mad at me becasue she thought I had gone tothe Campbells house to visit with all of them after Trent's homecoming. I really think she was mad because she had to entertain Corey while I was gone!!
I proceeded to tell my parents that I was going to call off the wedding. They were shocked, but very happy...they weren't fond of Corey...he was a little different...in some very weird ways.

So I went upstairs and told Corey that I couldn't marry him. He flipped out. He hit the phone, phone book and a can of peanuts off the little end table and they went flying! My mom comes running up the stairs to make sure I am alive. Corey kept saying we were getting married and that was it. Finally I got up and told him July 17th I will not be marrying you. Took the ring off and laid it on the pool table and walked out.

He went back to Wyoming the next day. That next weekend I went to another dance hoping to see Tim there. He was there, I told him what had hapened and we were together from that moment on. We were engaged on June 16th and married September 4th in the Portland Temple!! Oh and pregnant the next month, Sydney arrived 10 months later!! And 7 1/2 years after Sydney, Zander joined our family!!



6 comments:

The Haley Family said...

super sweet! Yeah for Tim for hitting on an engaged woman!! Yeah to Jill for having the guts to call off the wedding!!

Love you guys!

N. Tipps said...

Wow, Jill! I didn't know it all happened like that. Tim has guts asking an engaged woman to dance, but turns out he was inspired. That's a great story! I

Bentley & Amy said...

I do have a great brother don't I?!? I'm glad you are my sister-in-law!

Sarah Young said...

What a great story! I love the fact you felt it in your gut and acted on it right away. No hmming and hahing for you, you go girl!

Jenn said...

So cute. I LOVE the story! Yeah, Heavenly father DEFINITELY has a way of stopping a wedding that shouldn't happen. I am definitely glad you ended up with the right guy=)

Marcelina Moreno said...

I loved that story the first time I heard it and even more now. I am so glad that you and Tim are so happy! I am going to be in town this wednesday until monday afternoon, give me a call and we can try to set up a lunch or something. 801-654-8880