CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Race for the Cure 2009

This year my family walked in honor of our friend Caroleen Ellis, who passed away 9 months ago from breast cancer. We joined Genai's team "Caroleen's Bosom Buddies for the Tata Sisterhood". We had a great time and look forward to doing it for many years. Here's a bunch of pictures of our group and the MANY people who were walking for their loved ones.





Loved this guys hair!!



We had to line up in sequencial order!! We were missing a few after Sydney though!


Part of our group...all pink t-shirts or sweatshirts.


FIGHT LIKE A GIRL


More of the group


Amanda's sign for her mom

Rex sucking in the helium! HILARIOUS!


Amanda and Genai wrote notes to their mom and getting ready to send in on to heaven...

upwards to heaven for Caroleen to read...

4 comments:

Kara said...

What a fun family event & worthy cause to have the kids participate in! Way to go!!

Swangerlings said...

I love the balloon at the end. That honestly brings me to tears. How wonderful is that! I am sure that she is watching down on all her loved ones along with all of those that where taken by such a vicious disease! My aunt passed at around 55 by breast cancer as well and it is such a shock to the family. I feel for all of those who have had loved ones effected by this.

Esther Ogden said...

Thanks for posting that. My dear friend just lost her mom to breast cancer.

I love your pictures from the Seaside car show! I love you guys. =)

The Haley Family said...

What a great cause to participate in!! Tell Tim he looks fabulous in Pink! :) I wish they had things like that around here to be a part of! So cool!