CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Utah Lover?

Yes I am. I admit it. I love Utah! You can call me crazy or any other thing you can think of, but I love Utah (Tim does too)! If we had our way we would have moved there years ago. But never really thought we would or could. Actually we never thought I could do it. If Tim were to find a job there, we would be gone. Sure we have family and friends here, but they could visit us for once! What a change that would be! Besides we have lots of friends in Utah and even family! I really don't know if we ever will move away, but I would certainly love to.
I fell inlove with Utah back in 1997. I lived there for about 8 months while I went to school there. I attended UVSC (now UVSU, I believe). I lived in Provo with several other girls who became my best friends. We still keep in touch, mostly through Facebook, blogs and emails. How much I would love to see them again!
I have been back a few times for Women's Conference and even for one of my roommates weddings! I surprised her at the temple, it was the best! My memories aren't the only thing that make me want to go back. Everything about it there makes me want to go back...and stay.
I use to drive through Provo Canyon quite often. Eventually you get to a stop where you have to choose...Right to Park City or left to Heber. I always turned toward Heber because that got me back to Salt Lake and back to Provo! It was a long drive, but it was therapeutic for me. At the time Titanic was huge and I had the soundtrack and I would turn the music up as loud as I could and just drive.
Now I hope my posting this does not start a rumor mill that we are infact moving. Because that is not true. That has happened before. Eventualy I do believe we will make it there and call it home.

9 comments:

The Hymas Clan said...

You, my friend are crazy!!! Utah is fun to VISIT, but I would not want to live there!!! We would come visit you though!!!!!!!!!

SanniD said...

What an interesting post...Utah was a blast for me too while I was in college (BYU Provo). We were probably there the same time. One thing about Utah that stinks are the wages (just something to think about). But living in a RED state (rather than a liberal BLUE state) would be a nice change.

The Original TomKat said...

Although I would never want to live there myself, and although I constantly refer to Utah as "Utard", and Utahns as "Utards", I have to admit- I absolutely do love it. Way to own your love of the tard Jill!

Laura Alvord said...

You should move. We love it here and it would be fun to have you.

Jill said...

We would love to be by you and Dave! Our kids would love to play with each other! You guys are part of the friends that we have out in Utah!
We do talk about it quite often...it would be just finding Tim a job in massage... resorts??... and hopefully making pretty much what he makes now! But not so sure of that!

The Haley Family said...

I never thought I'd want to live there, but I think I totally could. Every time we leave I think I could live there. Or maybe I just want to move from Sidney. Hey...you move there first and then we'll only be 8 hours frome each other!!

Jill said...

I know!! I could totally do an 8 hour drive to come see youfor the weekend! You could introduce me to small town life! :)

Bentley & Amy said...

Come on down! Tim could get a job at a resort in Park City. Or hey, maybe he could work for the Utah Jazz, haha, I know, your Blazer fans.

Jill said...

I actually don't mind the Jazz! I liked them when I lived there and have ever since! But I couldn't tell ya who's on the team!