This weekend I got the opportunity to say goodbye to a friend, Caroleen. She fought a brave 6 year fight with Cancer. My mom, Cindy and I were able to see her in the hospital about a week before she passed. It was a great visit. We just chatted, and laughed. We were told she had about 3 weeks to 3 months left. I couldn't imagine being face to face with death. Truly I am not sure if I would want to know I was going to die in a matter of days, weeks or months. She was ready and willing. She was just scared of leaving her daughters and grandchildren.
Below are a couple of pictures I had taken of our trip to California almost 2 years ago. We went to be in the audience for the Price is Right and one of the girls (Caroleen's daughter Amanda) in our group was a contestant! We also were in the Dr. Phil audience. We were on TV both times! It was great! It was such a fun trip.
Caroleen's son-in-law gave a beautiful talk on her life. Stories of what she had done inher life, her "bad" habits, her testimony of the gospel, her love of her friends and family. She was an awesome woman and I will miss her. Til we meet again....




3 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear that. At least her pain is gone- know where she is must be very comforting to you.
She is an awesome lady!! I am sad to hear she is gone but glad her pain is over!
Glad you were able to spend time with her before she passed away.
Post a Comment