CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Ireland Faith




Today a new little person entered the world! After years of struggle to get here, she is FINALLY here! Ireland "Ilee" Faith was born this morning at 7:58am. She weighed 7lbs 5oz and was 19 3/4 inches long.

I went to the hospital last night around 10:30pm to go and wait for her arrival with Brandon, Amanda and Geri (Amanda's mom). When I got there she was at and 8 and had her epidural, which was a good thing, because some of her contractions were right on top of each other. She stalled out in labor around 2am and she was fully dilated, no urge to push and Ilee was still up kinda high. So the midwife put her on pitocin to help push her down.

I left at 3:15am with still no baby...I would have stayed had Tim had the day off or if I didn't have kids and a little girl to watch! But I came home and thought I would fall right to sleep...Wrong! I was so worried about Amanda and was hoping to be getting a phone call anytime to say that she had arrived. When I finally woke up at 7:45 Brandon was calling me to tell me they were going ahead with a C-Section...UGH! But everything was just fine, it was not an emergency. Ilee was facing the wrong way and they tried for hours in pushing and trying to turn her, but she would not budge...She has her momma's stubborness!

But atlast she was born just a few minutes after I talked to Brandon! I will post pictures of her later today when I get up to the hospital! Brandon sent me a picture on the phone and she is adorable! Chubby little cheeks! mmmm love it!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

eric and girls said...

Congrats to Amanda. It's frustrating to get so far and have everything stop. I am glad all went well. I am not sure if she remembers me, but tell her I said congrats.

The Haley Family said...

she is very sweet! Congrats to the new parents!!!