I have a very yummy recipe for you to try (the three or 4 people who read this!). Its from my mom and its DELICIOUS!! So here you go! If you have a recipe that you LOVE, I want it! I'm always up for something new (actually its probably my family that would like something different!)
Creamy Shell Soup
4 cup Chicken broth
3 to 4 pieces chicken
1 cup diced onions
1/4 cup chopped celery
1/4 cup minced parsley OR
1 Tbsp dried parsley flakes
1 bay leaf
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp white pepper
2 medium potatoes, diced
4 to 5 green onions, chopped
3 chicken boullion cubes
1/2 tsp Poultry seasoning
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
4 cups milk
2 cups medium shell macaroni, cooked and drained
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1/4 cup all purpose flour
Simmer broth, chicken, diced onions, celery, parsley, bay leaf, salt and pepper in dutch oven till chicken is tender. Remove bay leaf, discard. Remove chicken; cool and cut into pieces. Set aside.
Add potatoes, green onions, boullion cubes, seasoned salt and poultry seasoning to broth. Simmer 15 minutes. Add milk, macaroni and chicken; return to simmer.
Melt butter over medium heat. Add flour, stirring constantly, until mixture begins to brown. Add to soup, blend well. Let soup stand for 20 minutes to blend flavors. Season to taste.
***the soup will be thin. If you make it a few hours in advance and then let it sit after...in the fridge...it will thicken up nicely before dinner...and it won't be too cold!! You can put it back on the stove!!***
This soup takes about an hour to make, with all the chopping and waiting times in between! But it is well worth the time it takes to make it!! You have left overs for the next couple days...especially good the day after because it thickens and it is WONDERFUL!!! So try it!
2 days ago




3 comments:
Okay, I'm up for a new recipe. Tonight I tried a new recipe for Eggplant Parmesan and it tanked. I was bummed because it had great ratings on allrecipes.com. We just didn't like it, but oh well, whattya gonna do?! I'll have to redeem myself in the kitchen with your tried and true recipe!
That drives me nuts!! You spend all this time making something new and its gross!! What a bummer!!
sounds yummy Jill!
Post a Comment